1) Evening Socials for September
– Wednesdays 9/4/13 and 9/18/13
We meet at: Jason’s Deli
12955 Fair Lakes Shopping Center, Fairfax, VA 22033
Each month on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 6:00 pm.
Just an informal get together to connect with your support group friends. No need to RSVP, just drop in! Light meals, beverages and desserts are available.
2) Support group meeting
– Saturday, September 28, 10:00 am – 12 noon
At: Sunrise at Fair Oaks, 3rd floor
3750 Joseph Siewick Dr, Fairfax VA 22033
3) Reiki for Parkinson’s Disease (PD) Caregivers/Carepartners
– Saturday, September 28, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
This workshop is a one day First degree Reiki class.
Location: McLean, VA
Taught by: Reiki Jin Kei Do Mastership Class 11 with Reiki Master Teachers Gilbert, Gallego, Anne Aden and Stella Koch, and Reiki Masters Angela & Karl Robb
In this class, attendees will learn:
* How Reiki (Ray-Key) can benefit PD caregivers’ daily lives
* Self-treatment with Reiki
* Meditation for self-care
* Qigong to help increase personal energy
* How to give a Reiki treatment to others
Reiki (ray-key) is a well known complementary therapy that helps one’s self to reduce stress, reduce pain, improve mind, body, spirit, and emotional balance. Reiki is a modality that promotes self-care and self-awareness.
This workshop will teach you how Reiki can benefit your daily life and the life of your loved one living with Parkinson’s
Cost: $40 (Scholarships are available)
Deposit: $20 when registering
Please contact Angela Robb at 703-277-9666 to register or for more information.